Dancing Derek, a Zumba® Instructor since May 2010 having been taught initially by ZES Donna Giffen has been teaching Zumba® classes in Cork City and County since June 2010.
- Created in the mid 90’s by Columbian fitness instructor Alberto ‘Beto’ Perez
- the Zumba® Fitness Party came to be all because he forgot to bring his aerobics music to a class one day. So, he improvised, and used his own music mix of Latin beats from tapes he had in his bag.
- In 1999, after his success in Colombia, Beto brought the class to the U.S., where he was approached by entrepreneurs Alberto Perlman and Alberto Aghion to create a global company philosophy.
- The three young entrepreneurs then set a goal to offer Zumba class all over the world.
- In 2002, Perlman and Aghion secured a deal with a large infomercial company to launch the concept nationwide resulting in the sale of hundreds of thousands of videos to the US market.
- The overwhelming response created a demand for more Zumba instructors, and Zumba created an instructor training program.
To date, 180 countries, 15 million class participants, 200,000 locations all over the world are having a Zumba®
- Zumba® Fitness is an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party™ that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health.
- Zumba® Fitness is taking the dancefloors by storm, and has quickly established itself as the world’s largest and most successful form of dance fitness.
To find a Registered, certified Instructor in an area where you live, take me to the Zumba® Website, click tab’Find an Instructor’, in www.zumba.com. Take me to the ZUMBA® Website!! www.zumba.com